Thursday, January 04, 2007

 

Often I Am Permitted to Return to a Meadow

Often I am permitted to return to a meadow
as if it were a given property of the mind
that certain bounds hold against chaos,

that is a place of first permission,
everlasting omen of what is.
- Robert Duncan



I have begun re- reading the books that had a significant impact on my life.
Here is my list... (in attempted autobiographic order)

Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Howl by Allen Ginsberg
The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera
Ordinary People by Judith Guest
Sonnets by Ted Berrigan
God is Red by Vine Deloria
Complete Works of William Carlos Wiliams Vols. I & II
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Being There by Jerzy Kosinski
Some other Kind of Mission by Lisa Jarnot
A Humament by Tom Phillips

OK, Blogmates, my request of you is to post your own list of books (or plays or movies, or songs) that made an impact on you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?